The period 1934-1941
The department was organized in 1934 on the basis of the chairs of the pharmaceutical institute and was therefore sufficiently provided with visual aids, drugs, collections, reagents, tables, etc.
The first head of the department was Professor Sevastyanov A., and the first assistants of the department were: A. Novitsky (studied mollusks of the Southern Bug River), M.I. Elperin, who began to study opisthorchiasis, M.V. Ivasik, performed the work “Workshop on Pharmacognosy” (for pharmacists) and V.N. Pyhtina, who in 1940 defended her thesis for the degree of Candidate of Biological Sciences on the theme: “The role of the adrenal cortex in the development of the refractory state of the thyroid gland”.
The period 1944-1952
After the liberation of Vinnytsia from the Nazi occupiers, in 1944 the head of the department was appointed associate professor V. Pikhtin. There was no single direction of scientific work at the department, although the research was quite interesting. So Assistant OO Vlasenko studied the biology of primrose bloom and the conditions of its accumulation of vitamin “C”. Together with Assoc. HELL. Beykin and As. MV Ivasyk participated in the creation of the physical and geographical description of Khmelnytskyi and its environs.
Later, the team begins to study the issue of parasitology. Assistant MV Ivasyk studied the conditions of worm infestation among the population of Vinnytsia. Assistant S.A. Khuda studied the spread of subspecies of common and malarial mosquitoes in the Vinnytsia region.
Until 1949, two scientific works were carried out that were of medical importance: “Worm infestations in children of Vinnytsia children’s institutions” and “Effect of adrenal cortex extracts on a normal thyroid gland”.
The period 1952-1958
From 1952 to September 1958, the department was headed by Associate Professor ADBekin; it carried out works on the study of long-lived jute. Assistant PT Zozulya conducts a sanitary-hydrobiological study of the Southern Bug River on the Khmelnyt-Sabar section.
On the territory of the institute the department created a plot of medicinal plants with an area of 0.2 hectares. It featured up to 20 groups of plants, including expectorants, vitamins, diuretics, vomiting, hematopoiesis, insecticides, bitter, anthelmintics, diaphoresis, binders and more – a total of over 130 species in open ground and more than 60 species placed in training grounds rooms and corridors.
In the 1957-58 academic year the department received a new premises where a biological museum is created. It concentrated many rare plants: ginkgo, ginseng, yew, shy mimosa, viviparous fern, Araucaria, cryptomeria, monsters, various species of cacti, agave, palm trees, etc. In addition to the plants, collections of animals in the form of stuffed animals, dummies, skeletons and wet preparations were presented in the biological museum. Animals were housed in evolutionary order in exhibition cabinets. Here, in addition to representatives of the local fauna, there were marine forms imported from other countries and continents. Separately, a corner was created for medical parasitology, where helminths of humans were represented: chickpeas, scabs, cat and liver mammals, echinococcus, pinworms, ascariids, trichinella, and others. In those years, the museum was replenished with many exhibits. From shellfish, in addition to freshwater forms, there were cuttlefish, octopus, three-headed, auricle, murex, scallops. Of the arthropods – a variety of crustaceans, especially interesting crabs – samurai, Kamchatka up to 60 cm in size, and other poisonous animals and vectors of diseases: scorpions, spiders, mites, scolopendri, etc. The lower chordates were represented in the museum by lance and ascidians. Of vertebrates are of particular interest to the crow, white egret, capercaillie, albatross, raccoon dog, possum (marsupial animal). The lower chordates were represented in the museum by lance and ascidians. Of vertebrates are of particular interest to the crow, white egret, capercaillie, albatross, raccoon dog, possum (marsupial animal). The lower chordates were represented in the museum by lance and ascidians. Of vertebrates are of particular interest to the crow, white egret, capercaillie, albatross, raccoon dog, possum (marsupial animal).
Preparation MP Doroshkevych was looked after and protected by the museum, but all the staff and students took an active part in creating the museum and replenishing it with new exhibits. The museum held not only classes with students, excursions from schools, but also seminars for biology teachers, fish farmers in the city and the region. The Biological Museum and the Plot of Medicinal Plants have become a sort of auxiliary training facility for 1st year students in biology and 3rd year in pharmacology. Work has begun on the park plantations on the garden plot of the morphological building (velvet tree, sycamore trees, maples, nuts, etc.).
In connection with the persecution of scientists who disagreed with the views of Academician TD Lysenko, Associate Professor AD Beikin was dismissed from the Institute and the duties of the Head of the Department of Biology in the 1958-59 academic year were performed by Assistant Professor P.T. Zozulya, who has worked at the department since 1939. He and Assoc. KD Pylypenko (from Kyiv Medical Institute) gave a lecture course.
The period 1959-1963
In 1959, Professor, Doctor of Biological Sciences GA Mashtalera was elected Head of the Department of Biology, who worked in this position for 4 years. Under his leadership the staff of the department worked on the development of issues of vegetative hybridization of animals. The effect of embryonic tissue of organisms on changes in morphogenesis, wound healing, and others was investigated. Prof. GA Mashtaler worked on the theme “Morphogenetic changes of farm birds under the influence of tissues of embryos of other species”. Work has been carried out to study the interaction of the thyroid and thyroid glands, the effect of pantocryonide on wound healing, and others. To the textbook “Darwinism”, edited by PL Ivanchenko, prof. GA Mashtaler has written three sections: “Achievements of Michurin Biology Abroad”, “Main Directions of the Evolutionary Process” and “The Origin of Life on Earth”.
Assistant PTZozul performed research on the topic: “Morphological changes in chickens under the influence of tissues of the embryo of other breeds”. Individuals with morphological features of other species were obtained. He also carried out experiments to replace part of the protein of eggs of different breeds of chickens and ducks. Individuals with morphological traits characteristic of the donor breed were obtained, and they showed greater growth.
In 1961, NA Lisa came to the department to develop the theme: “The biological effect of the radioactive water of the Khmelnytsky resort on the body of some invertebrates”.
From 1963 to 1964 the duties of Head of the Department were performed by Candidate of Medical Sciences. N.P. Lizogub.
The period 1964-1976
From 1964 the department was headed by associate professor MA Paliy, who introduced a new direction in the scientific work of the department on the study of the most dangerous helminth diseases of humans and animals (opisthorchiasis, echinococcosis, trichinosis), parasitofauna of fishes, sanitary and aquatic environment. basins of the Southern Bug River. Assistant PTZozulya studied the phyto- and zooplankton of fish farm ponds in Vinnytsia region and their sanitary condition. Assistant SD Voloshchuk investigated the echinococcosis of animals and humans of the Vinnytsia region. In 1966 the assistant of the department was enrolled the candidate of biological sciences NG Kolomiets.
In 1972, Assistant NA Lysa defended her Ph.D. thesis on the topic: “Distribution of stubble and anthrax in connection with the soil-climatic conditions of the forest-steppe and Polissya zones of Ukraine”. The department is replenished with new teachers: since 1969 – assistant RVBalevskaya, since 1974 – assistant Bogachuk GP, since 1968 – associate professor NP Lizogub, since 1975 – assistant AAVashchuk, with 1976 – Assistant to LV Tindare.
The period 1977-1992
Since 1977, after the retirement of Assistant Professor MA Paliy, Assistant Professor MGPolivod has been elected Head of the Department. Since then, the scientific work in the department has been performed on several topics. Until 1983, studies were conducted to study the effects of vibration and noise on a growing organism, and from 1984 to 1989, issues of susceptibility to dermatomycosis were examined based on correlation with genetic markers. In 1978, Associate Professor AA Vashchuk defended his PhD thesis on the topic: “Application of lowered barometric pressure to detect the effects of radiation damage”, in 1987, L. Tindare – on the topic: “Morphofunctional reconstruction of the liver of inbred rats in dosages of physical loads in dosages conditions of hypokinesia “. At this time young teachers work at the department: ALSeverova, VOBeniaminov, OV Palamarchuk.
Since 1948 the student scientific circle has been working at the department. The members of the group spoke at the meetings and general student conferences of our institute and other universities of Ukraine with reports on various achievements of biological science and with the results of their own research on hypothermia, helminths, etc. under the direction of teachers of the department.
The period 1993-2016
In 1993 the Doctor of Biological Sciences, RP, was elected Head of the Department. Squealer. The associate professors of the department are: NO Lisa, N.G. Kolomiets, AA Vaschuk. Senior Lecturer – Candidate of Biological Sciences LV Tindare, Assistants – Candidate of Biological Sciences TO Bolokhovskaya and OO Rezniuk, Art. laboratory assistants – G.P. Mykytyuk, OV Mishchenko and Laboratory Assistant IVMospan. In connection with the transition to a new program and a cycle form of study of the subject, the main efforts of the employees are directed to educational and methodical work. The improvement of the educational process goes in different directions, both by improving the quality of teaching and by technical equipment of the educational process. Much attention is paid to individual work with students. This is especially true of the Medical Genetics section, where individual assignments are designed for each class, which includes both theoretical issues and problems with specific clinical focus. Based on the fact that over the last 20 years the curriculum of the department has changed 6 times and the teachers of the department have accumulated considerable experience in the development of methodological recommendations and guidelines, for the current years the department develops scientific and methodical planned topics for the creation of methodical guidelines, manuals, recommendations, and other. didactic and methodological materials for Ukrainian and foreign students in Ukrainian, Russian and English.
The modern period
In 2016, Candidate of Biological Sciences, Senior Researcher V. Shkarup was selected as the head of the department. Professor of the department is Doctor of Biological Sciences RP Squealer. The associate professors of the department are: Ph.D. Shevchuk TI, Ph.D. Gorbatiuk SM, Ph.D. Polesya TL, Ph.D. Khlestova SS, Ph.D. Grinchak NM, Candidate of Medical Sciences Beloshitskaya AV, Assistants – Candidate of Biology Galuzina LO, Klimchuk IM, Sprut OV, Musatova KV, Vasenko TB, Art. laboratory assistant – Skriban TV, laboratory assistants Borisenko GI, Netrebina NM
[contact-form-7 id=”2152″ title=”Apply Now”]