History of the department

The Department of General Surgery was founded in 1934. The initiator and one of the organizers of the department was the chief doctor of Vinnytsia regional hospital, the first head of the educational part of the institute, the famous surgeon, the scientist and teacher Professor Mykola Mykolayovych Bolyarskiy, and the first head of the department was Professor Gurevich Hryhoriy Mark of September 08, 1998. Gomel. He graduated from the Kyiv Medical Academy in 1920. GM Gurevich’s works are devoted to the problems of surgical endocrinology (goiter), blood transfusion, general and military-field surgery.

Gurevich GM

Gurevich GM was one of the first to introduce blood transfusions in medical establishments in Vinnytsia and the region, and created a blood transfusion point, which was later reorganized into a regional blood transfusion station. The scientific subject of the department bore pathophysiological direction in connection with which pathophysiological and biochemical laboratories were created. In November 1935, the Vinnitsa Medical Institute and the Regional Health Department established a commission to organize and conduct the anniversary, dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the birth of MI Pirogov as a deputy head of the Regional Health Department, EI Gurevich. and Professors MM Bolyarskiy, GM Gurevich and Shidlovsky PS It was this commission that raised the petition before the authorities of the region and the republic for granting the estate where MI Pirogov lived, and the church where he was buried, the status of a museum of the reserve.

For the period from 1934 to 1940, 30 scientific papers were published and 3 PhD theses were defended.

During the Great Patriotic War, GM Gurevich was chief surgeon of the Stalingrad and Southern Fronts. In 1943 he was awarded the title of Honored Scientist of the Ukrainian SSR. Awarded 4 Orders and Medals. He died in 1969 and is buried in Kharkiv.

One of the first assistants and later associate professor of the department was Nikolai Golovtsev.

In 1940-41 and 1944-45 the department was headed by Moses Lorin-Epstein. M. Lorin-Epstein, born in 1888 in the Baltic States. He graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Paris in 1915.

During World War I and Civil War, he served first in the royal army and then in the ranks of the Red Army as a surgeon. After demobilization he worked in the clinics of OVishnevsky, AP Krymov, IA Zavyalov. In 1938 he defended his doctoral dissertation on the theme: “Features of anatomy, physiology and pathologists of the bladder, posterior urethra and prostate in the light of evolutionary doctrine” and in 1940 was approved in the rank of professor. His pen belongs to 50 scientific works. In his scientific studies on the pathogenesis of diseases, he attached great importance to the so-called “evolutionary pathology”. It has been developed and widely implemented in practice novocaine blockage of the spermatic cord for the purpose of differential diagnosis between renal colic and acute appendicitis, as well as a well-known technique for early diagnosis of tetanus. M.Yu. Lorin-Epstein died in a train accident in 1945, returning home after consultations at the Zhmeryn hospital. After his death, he was temporarily acting Head of the Associate Professor MM Golovtsev.

From 1945 to 1951 the department was headed by Professor Mikhail Blagoveshchensky, who was born on November 8, 1890 in the village. The village of Simbirsk province. After graduating from the seminary, he enrolled in the medical faculty of Tomsk University, graduating in 1917.

After graduation, he served in the Army. After his demobilization from the army in 1918, he held various positions in Saratov province until 1925. In 1926 he moved to Leningrad, where he also worked in various medical establishments, and from 1930 to 1934 he became a resident of the Obukhov hospital in Professor II Grekov’s clinic, from 1934 to 1938. assistant of the surgical clinic of the 2nd Leningrad Medical Institute. In 1938 he defended his doctoral dissertation and was elected to the position of the head of the Department of General Surgery of the Izhevsk Medical Institute, while working as a professor-consultant of the defense plants of Izhevsk. In June 1945 he was elected Head of the Department of General Surgery, Vinnitsa Medical Institute, where he worked until 1951.

During these difficult post-war years, the department was based on a regional hospital, the material and technical base of which was almost completely destroyed by the Nazis. Thanks to the selfless work of Professor MM Blagoveshchensk, the department was replenished with surgical instruments, equipment, manuals, which significantly improved the conditions of study. Demobilized warriors who began to master medical science enthusiastically began training. Prominent scientists and clinicians, organizers of health care, subsequently emerged from them.

At this time the assistants of the department were ME Didur, KS Vshivtseva, SA Pecherskaya, DA Kogan and associate professors MM Golovetsv and Meerovich. The scientific problem the department was dealing with was the study of the consequences of traumatism in the invalids of the Great Patriotic War. Assistant ME Didur conducted clinical studies of blood formula in Zacharyn-Ged areas with acute appendicitis.

When he retired, Prof. Blagoveshchensky NN, then the department was headed by Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Arkady G. Karavanov. A.G. Karavanov was born on 31.08.1907 in Kharkov to a paramedic family. In 1931 he graduated from Kharkiv Medical Institute. Forming him as a surgeon and a scientist took place in one of the prominent surgical schools in the state, which was headed by Academician VN Shamov. His scientific studies, carried out under the direct supervision of VN Shamov, were experimental in nature and were devoted to the problem of blood transfusion and the preservation of organs and tissues.

In 1939 AG Karavanov successfully defended his dissertation for the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences on the topic: “Prevention of altitude sickness by blood transfusion”.

Prior to the war with Finland, AG Karavanov held the position of assistant of a hospital surgical clinic, then was mobilized to the Red Army, being a blood transfusion specialist at the Leningrad Institute of Blood Transfusion in those years. Throughout the war with the whitefin, he worked as a foreman for blood supply for the front. In the years of the Great Patriotic War he was the chief and the leading surgeon of BCP, and in 1944-1946. – Leading surgeon at the Central Aviation Hospital.

After demobilization from the ranks of the Soviet Army in 1948, Arkady defended his dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences on the topic: “Fractures of the spine in flight and lift.” He worked as an associate professor at the Department of Hospital Surgery at Kharkiv Medical Institute, and was later transferred to the post of scientific adviser of the Lviv Blood Transfusion Research Institute. In 1948-51 Head of the Department of Surgery at Transcarpathian University. In 1951, by order of the Head of the Department of Higher Education at the Council of Ministers of the USSR, he was appointed Head of the Department of General Surgery, Vinnitsa Medical Institute, where he worked until 1954. Scientific developments were devoted to the study of railway and agricultural injuries. In 1951 the Department of General Surgery was transferred to the base of the surgical department of the Node Clinical Hospital of Vinnitsa Station. The railway hospital at that time had the best logistical support.

AG Karavanov owns 140 printed works, including 3 monographs. All of them are dedicated to the actual problems of surgery and blood transfusions. It has prepared 20 candidates and 3 doctors of medical sciences. In the 60’s he held the position of scientific director of the Kiev Research Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, chief surgeon of the Ministry of Health of the USSR, was a member of the board of the All-Union Society of Surgeons.

For his dedicated work he was awarded the orders and medals of the Soviet Union and the French Order of the Cavalry Cross of the Legion of Honor.

At this time, apart from the aforementioned teachers, NV Zavadovskaya and SPBilkaniya began working at the department.

In 1954 the department was headed by Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor APYurykhin. In 1919, after leaving school in Kostroma, he graduated from the beekeeping school and worked as an instructor. In 1920-21 served in the Red Army. In 1921 he entered the medical faculty of Kostroma University, and then transferred to the 2nd Moscow University, which he graduated in 1927. From 1928 to 1933 he worked in various medical positions in the Middle Volga region, and from 1933 to 1939 he was the chief doctor and head of the surgical department in hospitals in the Kuibyshev region. In 1939 – 1942 Lecturer at the Kuibyshev Military Medical Academy. From 1942 to 1954, assistant, then associate professor (1944) of Kuibyshev Medical Institute. In 1942 he defended his dissertation for the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences.

As head of the Department of General Surgery, Vinnitsa Medical Institute, Anatoliy Pavlovich continues his scientific work on acute intestinal obstruction. Under his leadership, the staff of the department study the pathogenesis of obstruction from neurohumoral positions, the role and meaning of intoxication, pathomorphological changes in organs and tissues, the issues of therapeutic tactics and long-term results of treatment. In 1955 he received the scientific title of professor.

AP Yurykhin at the XXVI Congress of Surgeons made a program report on the topic: “Causes of lethality in acute intestinal obstruction”, which provoked lively discussion.

At this time SP Bilkaniya, M.E.Didur, Ph.D. VG Zorya, MD S.E.Kaminsky, S.S. Kolibaba.

Bilkania C.P.  

Associate Professor Bilkania Severyan Pavlovich, born November 17, 1914 in Otobay, Abkhazian ASSR (Sukhumi province). After leaving school in 1932-35. He studied at 3 medical technical schools in Tbilisi, and then at Tbilisi Medical Institute, which he graduated in 1941. At the beginning of the Great Patriotic War he was mobilized to the ranks of the Red Army as commander of the health company. Due to the fact that near Kiev the military units where he served with SPBelkani were trapped in the environment and by the decision of the commanders and political workers were self-dissolved, then everyone left the captivity independently. Thus, SPBilkania came to Kiev and worked under the guise of a civilian doctor in various medical establishments in the city, assisting the wounded and civilians in Kyiv. At the end of 1942 the contraction of doctors was sent to Germany. Then SPBilkaniya willfully leaves Kyiv and moves to Vinnitsa, where he again works as a civilian doctor in various medical establishments of the city. Provides medical assistance to the population, underground and wounded guerrillas. Conducts active anti-fascist work. After the liberation of Vinnytsia on June 29, 1944, from the German occupiers, SPBelkania was again mobilized to the ranks of the Soviet Army as first surgeon and then chief of the infirmary 82 of a separate anti-aircraft artillery brigade. After being released as a medical captain, in late 1945 he worked as a resident in the surgical department of the Central Railway Hospital in Kyiv, and in early 1951 he was transferred to Vinnitsa as the head of the surgical department of the Node Clinical Hospital of Vinnitsa Station. Bilkania willfully leave Kyiv and move to Vinnitsa, where he again works as a civilian doctor at various medical establishments in the city. Provides medical assistance to the population, underground and wounded guerrillas. Conducts active anti-fascist work. After the liberation of Vinnytsia on June 29, 1944, from the German occupiers, SPBelkania was again mobilized to the ranks of the Soviet Army as first surgeon and then chief of the infirmary 82 of a separate anti-aircraft artillery brigade. After being released as a medical captain, in late 1945 he worked as a resident in the surgical department of the Central Railway Hospital in Kyiv, and at the beginning of 1951 he was transferred to Vinnitsa by the head of the surgical department of the Node Clinical Hospital of Vinnitsa Station. Bilkania willfully leave Kyiv and move to Vinnitsa, where he again works as a civilian doctor at various medical establishments in the city. Provides medical assistance to the population, underground and wounded guerrillas. Conducts active anti-fascist work. After the liberation of Vinnytsia on June 29, 1944, from the German occupiers, SPBelkania was again mobilized to the ranks of the Soviet Army as first surgeon and then chief of the infirmary 82 of a separate anti-aircraft artillery brigade. After being released as a medical captain, in late 1945 he worked as a resident in the surgical department of the Central Railway Hospital in Kyiv, and at the beginning of 1951 he was transferred to Vinnitsa by the head of the surgical department of the Node Clinical Hospital of Vinnitsa Station. where he again works as a civilian doctor at various medical establishments in the city. Provides medical assistance to the population, underground and wounded guerrillas. Conducts active anti-fascist work. After the liberation of Vinnytsia on June 29, 1944, from the German occupiers, SPBelkania was again mobilized to the ranks of the Soviet Army as first surgeon and then chief of the infirmary 82 of a separate anti-aircraft artillery brigade. After being released as a medical captain, in late 1945 he worked as a resident in the surgical department of the Central Railway Hospital in Kyiv, and at the beginning of 1951 he was transferred to Vinnitsa by the head of the surgical department of the Node Clinical Hospital of Vinnitsa Station. where he again works as a civilian doctor at various medical establishments in the city. Provides medical assistance to the population, underground and wounded guerrillas. Conducts active anti-fascist work. After the liberation of Vinnytsia on June 29, 1944, from the German occupiers, SPBelkania was again mobilized to the ranks of the Soviet Army as first surgeon and then chief of the infirmary 82 of a separate anti-aircraft artillery brigade. After being released as a medical captain, in late 1945 he worked as a resident in the surgical department of the Central Railway Hospital in Kyiv, and at the beginning of 1951 he was transferred to Vinnitsa by the head of the surgical department of the Node Clinical Hospital of Vinnitsa Station. In 1944, from the German occupiers SPBelkania was again mobilized to the ranks of the Soviet Army as first surgeon and then chief of the infirmary 82 of a separate anti-aircraft artillery brigade. After being released as a medical captain, in late 1945 he worked as a resident in the surgical department of the Central Railway Hospital in Kyiv, and in early 1951 he was transferred to Vinnitsa by the head of the surgical department of the Node Clinical Hospital of Vinnitsa Station. In 1944, from the German occupiers SPBelkania was again mobilized to the ranks of the Soviet Army as first surgeon and then chief of the infirmary 82 of a separate anti-aircraft artillery brigade. After being released as a medical captain, in late 1945 he worked as a resident in the surgical department of the Central Railway Hospital in Kyiv, and in early 1951 he was transferred to Vinnitsa by the head of the surgical department of the Node Clinical Hospital of Vinnitsa Station.

Scientific activity of Severyan Pavlovich was conducted under the direction of Professor AP Yurikhin and was devoted to clinical and morphological study of the turn of the sigmoid gut, which in 1961 was defended as a dissertation for obtaining a scientific degree of the candidate of medical sciences on the topic: guts ».

In order to diagnose the turn of the sigmoid gut, he proposed the phenomenon of the so-called “endoscopic impasse”. To address the issue of surgical tactics, it was proposed to distinguish between two periods with a characteristic symptom complex for each of them: a) pretorsional; b) a sharp turn of sigma. For prevention of an acute turn of a dolichosigma operative intervention in the planned order is offered.

For his dedicated work and public activity SPBelkania was awarded with high martial and labor awards, he was awarded the title of Honored Doctor of Ukraine, he is an Honorary citizen of Vinnytsia.

Professor Victor Zorya was born in 1920 in the village. Small customs officer of the Kalinovsky district of Vinnytsia region in the family of peasants. After graduation from the Shepetivsky Feldsher School in 1939 he was called to the ranks of the Red Army. He participated in hostilities in the war with Finland (1939-40) and during the Great Patriotic War (1941-45). After graduating from the Institute, he was an assistant professor in the Department of Hospital Surgery, and in 1955 – Assistant Professor. In the same year he was transferred to the Department of General Surgery.

VG Zori’s scientific researches touched upon the issues of tetanus, which were then framed and defended as a dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences on the topic: “The peacetime columnist.” Later, having received the scientific title of Professor VG Zorya from 1974 to 1976, he headed the Department of Surgery of the Pediatric Faculty. He is the author of 76 scientific works, monographs. Under his supervision, one doctoral and five PhD theses were prepared and defended. He was awarded the military orders and medals of the USSR.

Savelii Kaminsky was born on July 2, 1919 in Kherson into the family of a doctor. In 1938 he entered the Vinnitsa Medical Institute, and then, while in the evacuation in Fergana, in 1942 he graduated from the Moscow Medical Institute. After graduation, he was drafted into the army and served in evacuation hospitals and a front hospital as a neurosurgeon. In 1955 he defended his PhD thesis on the topic: “On the precancerous mammary gland. Clinico-morphological study. ” From 1956 to 1976 he worked on the topic “Radiometric study of chloride loss and the mechanism of hypochloremia”. SE Kaminski radiometric method with radioisotope chlorine established the redistribution of chlorides in the tissues (not their release from the body as previously thought), with their largest content in the large cap, adipose tissue, intestinal wall and the smallest in the skin. He is the author of 30 printed works and 11 quotations. He was awarded the USSR Military Orders and Medals. In 1987 he retired.

Scientific researches conducted not only by employees, but also by practicing doctors under the direction of Professor AP Yurykhin formed the basis of the candidate’s thesis by TM Drozdovskaya “The influence of ACTH and the picture on the course of acute intestinal obstruction”, protected in 1961 by N. V.Zavadovskaya studied secretory-secretory function of the intestine in experimental small bowel obstruction. It found a decrease in excretory function in the bowel above the obstacle, which is explained by the reflex moments due to the increased pressure in the intestinal lumen. Clinical resident OS Pustovarenko studied the effect of ACTH and hydrocortisone on intestinal peristalsis. Later Alexander Stepanovich became an assistant at first hospital and then general surgery. In 2003 he retired.

Associate Professor SS Kolibaba studied the gas composition of the blood during obstruction in the experiment and in the clinic. It established the presence of circulatory hypoxia, and in the terminal period – and tissue hypoxia. SS Kolibaba developed a technique for the oxygenation of canned blood and developed indications for their transfusion in intestinal obstruction, which significantly reduced mortality in this pathology. The results of the study were summarized and presented in the dissertation for the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences, which was titled “Disorders of blood gas composition and tissue respiration in acute intestinal obstruction and ways of their normalization (experimental-clinical study)” in 1970 was successfully defended. Sergiy Semenovich has been a permanent assistant at the department since 1963, and then assistant professor and head of the teaching part of the department until 2003. His pen is owned by 115 printed works, has 3 copyright certificates for inventions and 40 on proposals, has the title “Inventor of the USSR”. In 2009 he went on well-deserved rest.

Assistant Didur ME studied serum protein disorders in experiment and clinic. Mariya Yevtukhovna Didur was born in the village. Rush of Tivri district of Vinnytsia region in 1918 in the family of peasants. From 1934 to 1939 she studied at the Vinnitsa Medical Institute. Their release was the first. From the first to the last day of the Great Patriotic War she was the chief of the surgical department of the evacuation hospital in Kazan. She began working as an assistant in the Department of General Surgery with M. Blagoveshchensky and under his supervision began to investigate leukocytosis in Zakharyn-Ged zones with acute and chronic appendicitis, which in 1961 was defended as a dissertation for the candidate’s degree. . In 1979, ME Didur went on well-deserved rest. For her conscientious work she was awarded the orders and medals of the USSR.

Since 1958 at the department under the direction of AP. Yurikhina was a clinical trial of the domestic protein blood substitute BK-8. As a result of the conducted researches of its influence on an organism by the resident the surgical department MK Dremlyug the candidate’s thesis “Efficiency of BK-8 at some surgical diseases” is protected.

In 1970 A.P. Yurikhin went on a well-deserved rest, and in 1971, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Zabozlaev Sergey Sergeyevich was elected to his post.

Zabozlaev SS

Sergei was born in 1924 in Tbilisi in the family of a cameraman. In 1943 he entered the Kazan Medical Institute in Alma-Ata, graduating with honors in 1948.

In 1952 he defended his dissertation for the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences on the topic: “On the role of intrareceptions in the regulation of sugar levels”. In the same year he was elected to the position of assistant of the Clinic of Surgery Clinic of the Kazakhstan State Medical Institute, and from 1959 to 1968 – Assistant Professor of the Hospital Surgery Clinic. In 1967 he defended his dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences on the topic: “Experimental methods for the study of aortic valve insufficiency and its correction by autoplasty from the intima of the descending thoracic aorta”. In 1968, after approval of the dissertation, he was elected to the position of the Head of the Department of Faculty Surgery of Karaganda Medical Institute. In 1970 he received the scientific title of professor, and in 1971 he was elected head of the Department of General Surgery, Vinnitsa Medical Institute. E.

Scientific studies at this time were devoted to the issues of microcirculation and their importance in the pathogenesis of surgical diseases. On these issues SS Zabozlaev was organized and held the Republican Conference (Vinnitsa, 1974).

In 1974 the department was transferred to the base of MCL # 4. After the death of Professor S.S.Zabozlaev in 1975, the department was temporarily headed by Associate Professor VF Litvinov, and from 1976 to 1994 the department was headed by Dr.Sc. prof. O.Ya. Fischenko.

During this period the associate professors S.P. Belkania and S.S. Kolibaba, assistants SI Androsov, OI Bondarchuk, M.E. Didur, S.P. Zhuchenko, S.E. Kaminsky, INOshovsky, VMRizhanovskaya, MD E. Spleen.

Later, the staff of the department was supplemented by MDZheliba, OO. Zhupanov, SD Khimich. In different years, for a short time the assistants of the department were BF Wozniuk and MI Shanchuk.

Alexander Yakovlevich was born on January 28, 1924 in the village. Kyrnasivka, Tulchyn district, Vinnytsia region in the family of peasants. He graduated from Kapustian High School in 1943. After the liberation of Vinnitsa region from the Nazi invaders in 1944 he was mobilized to the ranks of the Soviet Army. He participated in hostilities in Moldova, Romania and Hungary. He was injured. Victory Day met in Budapest.

After demobilization in 1946 he entered the Vinnitsa Medical Institute, which he graduated in 1951. In 1952 he was drafted into the Soviet Army. After leaving the reserve in 1957, he entered the clinical residency at the Department of Faculty Surgery, which was then headed by Prof. IMGrabchenko. Since then, all scientific and pedagogical and practical activities of Alexander Yakovich have been closely associated with the Vinnitsa Medical Institute. Working as an assistant of the department in 1964 he defended his Ph.D. thesis on the topic: “Aloplasty with a capron prosthesis of the anterior abdominal wall in hernia and defects”.

Under the guidance of the academician of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR B.V. Petrovsky was executed and in 1975 successfully defended a doctoral dissertation under the name: “Surgery of complicated stone cholecystitis”.

Scientific research conducted at the department, under the direction of Alexander Yakovlevich, was devoted to the study of pathology of the digestive system. Particularly extensive work was carried out on the issues of surgery for complicated cholecystitis, pathology of the biliary tract, pancreas.

As a result of profound clinical research, Professor OJ Fischenko has developed a classification of complicated stone cholecystitis, which is referenced in many monographs. Developed and applied: method of regional perfusion of proteolytic drugs and cold blockade of novocaine through the circular connection of the liver with acute pancreatitis and cholecystopancreatitis. Various modifications and variants of choledochotomy, drainage of the common bile duct, developed petal choledochoduodenal anastomosis, several options for the protection of sutures of the biliary digestive anastomosis are offered. A new method of drainage of the common bile duct through the lateral window of the bladder duct has been put into practice. New indications for papilosphincterotomy have been established and substantiated in case of locally enlarged ampoule with a stone papilla, when the diameter of the common bile duct is much smaller than the diameter of the stone; choledochus is much smaller than the diameter of the pebble, described by the symptom of tension and impulse in pericholycystitis.

365 scientific works, 1 monograph belong to Peru O.Ya. The novelty of his scientific research is confirmed by 12 certificates for the invention of 126 certificates on ratification. As the head of the support department among one-profile departments, he was the initiator and direct executor in the development of a new curriculum for general surgery with care for surgical patients and the creation of a textbook on general surgery, which was later published in Ukrainian.

Fishchenko O.Ya.

Under the guidance of Professor O.Ya. Fischenko, the following dissertations were completed and successfully defended: Dudarenko “Comparative assessment of choledochoduodenostomy and papilosfinkteroplasty”.

O.Ya. Cream “The chemical composition of bile and stones in calculous cholecystitis”, I.N. Oshovsky “Treatment of Acute Pacreatitis and Cholepancreatitis”; M.D. Zheliboi “Complex treatment of complicated cholecystitis in elderly and elderly”, S.D. Khimich “The use of bubble duct in cholecystitis surgery”, OO Zhupanov “Choosing a method of processing the bed of the gallbladder.”

With the arrival of Professor O.Ya. Fischenko’s research topics focused mainly on the study of pathology of the digestive system.

In parallel with the research of surgical diseases of the digestive system in close collaboration with the departments of microbiology under the guidance of Professor GK Pali, surgical surgery and topographic anatomy under the leadership of Professors GV Terentyev, I.Ya. Kostyuk, Department of Pharmacology under the direction of Professors OO Stolarchuk and G.I. Stepanyuk, biochemistry and general chemistry under the direction of professors MB Lyutsyuk and OO Pentyuk directions of scientific researches were supplemented with experimental: clinical development of the use of new medicines for the prevention and treatment of acute surgical infection (antiseptic decamethoxine, nitazurol sorbent, nitasurobic sorbitol, nitasurob , polymethylsiloxane, vinboron and others). According to the results of these studies, 3 PhD theses were defended: Kravets – “Prevention and comprehensive treatment of acute purulent-inflammatory diseases of the fingers with the use of decamethoxin”, O.P. Zhuchenko – “Pathogenesis, prevention and treatment of lactation mastitis”, PS Shevnya “Comparative evaluation of the effectiveness of methods of disinfecting the skin of the surgeon’s hands”.

Assistant Professor MD Zheliba conducted experimental and clinical studies on the use of decamethoxin antiseptic, medicines based on it, and sorbents for the prevention and treatment of acute surgical purulent infection. Later, these studies became the basis of a doctoral dissertation

In 1991 the Department was recognized by the Central Methodical Cabinet of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine as one of the one-profile departments of higher medical educational establishments. Since then, annual meetings and conferences on topical issues of the educational process, the development of activities aimed at improving the teaching of the discipline have started, the materials of the meetings are published in separate collections and professional journals.

The work on the creation of a new textbook “General Surgery” has been started. Fischenko.

Zheliba M.D.

After the death of Professor O.Ya. Fischenko in 1994, the department was headed by Ph.D. Zheliba. Mykola Dmytrovych graduated from Vinnytsia State Medical Institute. Pirogov in 1972. An annual internship in surgery was held in Nemirovsky CRL. From 1973 to 1979 he was a resident of the surgical department of the Node Clinical Hospital of Vinnitsa Station. In parallel with practical work he was engaged in scientific and pedagogical activities. In his formation as a surgeon, scientist and teacher, he owes much to his teachers: Assoc. SPBelkania, Professor OJ Fischenko, Professor GKPali.

The staff of the department in 2007. 

From 2016 till now the department is headed by Doctor of Medicine, Professor Khimich SD, who graduated with honors in 1986 from Vinnitsa Medical Institute. From 1986 to 1988 he studied in clinical residency at the Department of General Surgery. In 1988 he became a laureate of the Youth Republican Exhibition of Scientific and Technical Creativity. At this time, the foundations of future scientific activity were also laid. From 1988 he started working as a senior laboratory assistant, and since 1990 – an assistant at the same department. In 2000 he was elected Assistant Professor of the Department of General Surgery, and in 2005 he was elected Professor of the Department of General Surgery, VNMU. MI Pirogov. He is also the scientific secretary of the specialized scientific council for the protection of doctoral and PhD theses in surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatric surgery, as well as the chairman of the bioethics committee of Vinnitsa National Medical University. MI Pirogov. SDKimich is the author and co-author of more than 350 scientific papers, 108 innovative proposals and 15 inventions. He has been awarded the Certificate of Honor by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Distinguished Scientist of the Year (2019), is an academician of the NAS of Higher Education of Ukraine and a member of the Board of the Association of Surgeons of Ukraine.

Department staff, spring 2017

APPLY NOW

[contact-form-7 id=”2152″ title=”Apply Now”]